Saturday, September 09, 2006

4 CANDLES

4 Candles slowly burned. The ambiance was so soft, one could almost hear them talking.

The First candle said: I AM PEACE! The World is so full of anger and fighting, nobody can keep me lit! Then the flame of peace went out completely.

The Second candle said: I AM FAITH! I am no longer indispensable, it makes no sense for me to stay lit another moment. Just then a soft breeze blew out faith’s flame.

Sadly the Third candle began to speak: I AM LOVE! People don’t understand my Importance, so they simply put me aside. They even forget to love those nearest to them. I haven’t the strength to stay lit and waiting no longer love’s flame went out.

Suddenly, a child entered the room and saw the 3 unlit candles. Why aren’t you burning? You are to stay lit until the end! The child began to speak.

The Fourth candle said: I AM HOPE! As long as HOPE burns it can lit the other 3 candles.

No comments: